Execution / Process
Execution challenges surface when your increasing revenues are not generating increased profits. I’ve seen many firms triple their revenue, because they have capitalized on a differential advantage, only to see their profitability drop because of sloppiness of their execution.
The other indication of poor execution is pure hours spent delivering your product or services. When execution is haphazard, the organization has to rely on the “heroics” of their people putting in incredible hours to just keep the wheels from falling off the organization. By simply tightening up your execution habits, you can dramatically improve gross margins and profitability while reducing the time it takes for everyone to complete their work.
Gazelles has a One-Page Execution Checklist of ten habits that will reduce up to 90% of the time it takes you to manage the business, freeing up the leadership to spend more time on market-facing activities.
Included in Execution, your team will become aligned and able to execute on:
- 1 Year Targets, Actions & Priorities (Execution). Where will you be in 1 year? What is your absolute #1 TOP priority for the next year? And what must you do to ensure alignment behind your TOP priority and targets for the next year?
- Quarterly Targets (Execution). Where will you be in 90 days?
- Critical Number. What is your absolute #1 TOP priority for the next 90 days?
- Quarterly Actions/Rocks. What must you do to ensure alignment behind your TOP priority and targets for the next 90 days?
- Theme. How can you align everyone in the organization behind your TOP priority?
- Individual Plans. Priorities for each member of the leadership team, complete with KPI’s, Rocks, Critical Numbers, etc.
- KPI Metrics. What KPI’s (Key Performance Metrics) should you be tracking to drive alignment and performance?
- Dashboards. How can you visually display your KPI’s so that everyone can use them?